Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pulled Pork Pizza

 With the left over pork from Tuesday night I bought some fresh pizza dough, which can be easily picked up at your local pizza shop for about $2. 

Before I started, I sliced two onions and put it in my pan with a little bit of baking soda and put the heat on low. About fifteen minutes into cooking the onions I added a splash of balsamic vinegar and let the onions cook down a little more.

While the onions where cooking, sprinkle some semolina on the dough and roll it out to fit on your pizza stone. 

There is nothing worse when your dough is much much larger than your stone. 

Slather a thick helping of any sort of barbeque sauce as the base for the pizza.  Then layer the pork, green pepper, some shredded cheddar cheese and then the balsamic caramelized onions, don't forget a sprinkle of garlic powder for some added flavor.

Put the pizza the stone and bake it in the oven for fifteen minutes at 500 degrees.





No comments:

Post a Comment