Thursday, June 14, 2012

Peanut Chicken with Veg Fried Rice

The other night my mom invited us over for dinner and made a shrimp for dinner. But for me she made grilled chicken and marinated it in coconut milk and then made a peanut satay sauce (I think that was the recipe she used) to dip it in. It was very delish.

























There was so much peanut sauce left over, so she gave me a container of it to take home. So tonight for dinner, we marinated some chicken strips in the peanut sauce and then grilled it continually mopping the sauce over it.  And then leaving some as a side sauce to dip in at the table.

I paired it with some veg fried rice.  Usually I would make fried rice with left over stale rice but I didn't think that far ahead so the rice was made only a few hours prior to dinner and left it out to cool and possibly dry out.  Fried rice is so easy to make, I wonder why people order it out sometimes.
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp peanut oil
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 2 carrots, chopped
  • 1 cup rice
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce, or to taste
  • 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp sriracha, or to taste
  • 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
Heat a wok or skillet/frying pan on medium with 1 tbsp peanut oil.  Crack two eggs and scramble in the pan. Once they are well scrambled, take out and set aside. 

Add the remaining 1 tbsp peanut oil. Add the onion and carrot and cook for about 3 minutes. 

Then add the rice, soy sauce and vinegar. Mix well. Add the egg and sriracha. Cook until everything is heated well, mix in green onions and then serve.

Thats it! That is fried rice. You can of course add more or less soy sauce, I just do it to about a medium brown color. I don't like when it is swimming in the soy sauce but it needs to get absorbed into the rice. And add more veg if you have it. Peas, corn, kimchi, bok choy whatever else makes you happy.






No comments:

Post a Comment