Thursday, June 28, 2012

Soy-Orange Chicken

I have a huge stockpile of recipes. They are scattered all throughout the house, in binders, accordion folders, piles on my desk and there are even some on my desk at work. I even have a ton of recipes in my favorite places (which is nice on Google Chrome, I can see them on my work computer and also at home).

I am not sure where or when I found this recipe for Soy-Orange Chicken but I kept putting it on the menu for weeks and we never got around to eat it. So needless to say, the celery that I bought for it went bad, after sitting in the crisper for over a week. 

If you are going to use the recipe, I also made some tweaks to it (sorry, I couldn't help myself) but I added some ginger powder and garlic powder to the marinade. How much ginger and garlic? Well I would say probably 1 tablespoon pf garlic and 1/2 tablespoon of ginger. I know it is bad, but I never measure my spices. I also added some cayenne powder to the chicken as it was simmering on the stove, to give it some more heat and round out the flavor a bit more.


































Now I don't want to say to not make the recipe, because maybe my taste buds are different than yours, but I found it to be a little bland. But with the addition of my two favorite item (the Sriracha is my addiction, and the  Nuoc cham ga is Phil's crack, he tried to drink it with a straw) the dish was magically transformed into something that I cant


No comments:

Post a Comment