Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Meatless Monday's

I would like to try and eat less meat, and in an effort to do so, I am making an effort to do this, I am going to try out Meatless Monday's. Or maybe Tuesday's or Wednesday's.

It is the thought that counts right?

This week, I made a recipe that I had my eye on from Bon Appetit for some time now, Pasta with Chickpeas and Charred Tomatoes.  Since I have a stock pile of canned chickpeas (I was on a homemade hummus kick for a while, but Sabra and Tribe make it much better and less mess).

It was good, easy and quick. If I were to do it again, I would probably add more hummus since Phil likes a very wet sauce. I omitted the Kalamata olives, but I would add some garlic and maybe basil or some sort of herb/spice to add to the flavor and create more color on the plate. And it heated up nicely the next day for lunch, which is always a plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment