Monday, November 19, 2012

Cinnamon Bun Waffles

I have quickly become obsessed with Pinterest. The recipe ideas (most of them are really fattening but look so good), but once in a while it is OK to splurge on calories, right?

I once saw a pin on Pinterest where somebody made waffles out of cinnamon buns. Brilliant!  Then I saw one where somebody put brownie mix into a waffle maker, which would be really good with a scoop of ice cream. And then I saw one with shoestring hash browns into a waffle maker, I think this would be really good with some caramelized onions and a fried egg on top. 

Wow, what else could I put in the waffle maker other than waffle mix?!?

So on Saturday, I loaded the waffle maker with the refrigerated cinnamon buns for breakfast and the outcome was incredible!

Depending on the size of your waffle maker, I used three buns per waffle. Usually we keep the heat setting on 3 for our Overnight Belgian Waffles  but I noticed it was better to turn the heat down a tad since the first batch was a little dry.

Once you peel them off the waffle maker, spread on the cream cheese icing and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment